Our Valentine’s event is cute and addicting! Plus, for the first time, we’re launching player rank! A lot of players have been asking to add more features to compete with their friends, and this is our first step!
How Rank Works:
In the Valentine’s Shelter, On the top left corner, you can see your current rank. It compares your shelter points with all of our players! It updates every five minutes and when you re-open the app! Click your rank to get a bigger view of it, with your dog’s name! The window that pops up is very useful for sharing with your friends because you can see your dog’s name and costume along with your rank! Take screenshots and share! (We don’t have any built-in functionality for sharing yet.)
The top 10 players at the end of the event will get a FREE gift after the event has ended. It can easily change so never give up!
How to get a high rank?
– Go into the Valentine’s Shelter by clicking the pink heart on the left of the screen. You can go back and forth at any time (the Home icon goes back to the normal shelter).
– Keep getting more Shelter Points in the Valentine’s Shelter by upgrading assets like Food, Toy, Bath, etc!
– These will not affect your rank: Health Potions and Cute Pix boosts, Bonus shelter points from Petting. They are still useful for temporarily increasing your Shelter Points to help unlock things quicker, but will not increase your Rank!
– Use Treats consistently to get more gold even faster! (Pro-tip: you can combine treats with Instant Cash. Just use a treat first to get more Gold/second. Then use an Instant Cash to make it rain Gold!)
– Tell your friends to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! When we reach 75 followers on Twitter and 100 on Facebook, we will give everyone a 2x boost for a day! (We also share more tips on the game on these platforms, so make sure you’re following)
Top 5 Tips:
1. Never Give Up
This is a lesson that’s dear to my heart ~ and it applies to Rescue Pets, as well! Rank can change very easily. Sometimes, the top players may think they’re far ahead of the rest and take a break. It’s then that the diligent players who keep coming back to collect their idle cash, pet their Corgi, and upgrade assets for their shelter will catch up.
2. Use Treats Consistently
Treats give you extra gold! Make sure you come back to the game when they expire to activate more. This will give you the edge against the others.
We have a 4x treat that lasts a whole week! This is perfect for making sure you’re using all your time in the event wisely! Find it in the green Pawprint tab under the Gold Boost Treats ribbon.
Combine these with Instant Cash to get outrageous amounts of gold RIGHT NOW! In our pawprint tab, we have Instant cash buttons that are special for the event that are cheaper than normal instant cash items with a MUCH larger effect!
3. Share on Social Media!
Over the course of the event, we will be giving out a prize each day to a random player who posts pics of their Corgi and rank on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook with the tags: #rescuepets #mobilegame
We’ll be featuring some of your Corgis throughout the week on social media. Look for them!
(Tip: you can pet the Corgi, use a treat, or activate his secret dance and take a screenshot to get a unique pose!)
4. Buy our Valentine’s Rescuer Pack
Our Valentine’s pack has treats and materials to get you off on the right track to the event! If you just want the adorable costumes, this will help you out! If you want to be in the top 10, this can give you the edge! PLUS, this will support Kona, a beautiful lab-hound mix looking for a home at Dog Gone Seattle!
5. Become a Pet Superhero!
Want 2x Gold all the time? Go to our shop and become a Pet Superhero! For only a dollar or two a week, you can get this thrilling gold boost to keep you ahead of the pack WHILE helping Dog Gone Seattle and our mission! Thank you so much! This helps us make the game better, too!
– Dan Scalise (Developer, Creator of Rescue Pets)